12.03.2010

| Nursery Planning |

We're 23 weeks already! I think the second trimester is just fabulous. I feel great, baby's kicking away, I'm supposed to have a large belly, eat all I want, and we get to design the nursery :)

My husband and I are both designers, we're waiting till birth to find out the sex of our lil one, and we love bright colors and modern lines. We want to make a lot of the decor ourselves and looooove working with wood! 

{I'll have to blog about the wooden place cards from our wedding

We'd like to go with an animal theme. Instead of having pictures of animals, we want to incorporate something about the animal, enlarge the pattern, and have it laser cut into wood panels! The end result would look something like this:

Gorgeous wood panels 


But with these patterns in mind:

And these are some random images I've collected over the months for nursery designs that caught my eye:

Can't wait to pick colors and watch my husband paint away! Furniture shopping is so fun for babies :) Stay tuned~ we'll get serious about the nursery after the Christmas madness.

What colors would you paint your nursery?


2 comments:

  1. Oooo! I love the animal theme idea! Love animal prints :) You are a beautiful preggo momma!!! Have a lovely wknd! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on ur 1st child!
    Hubby & I are expecting our 1st any day now.
    Our nursery is lavender-ish... It was already painted that colour when we moved in. We didn't know the gender of our baby at first but when we found out, it was the perfect colour! =)

    ReplyDelete