7.23.2012

| Quinoa Muffins |

As the mother of a curious toddler, I'm continuously exploring the food world for something: healthy, tasty, and easy to make!! Actually, if he's interested and it's healthy, I'll make it. At this stage, Ethan will love eggs one day, so I'll prepare a few more, freeze/store them, only to find the next day he won't even take a bite. 

We're getting pretty creative in how to distract, shove spoon in mouth, do it 29 more times to make sure he gets a good meal! This kid is easily distracted. Great eater (mostly!), but likes to keep his hands busy. 

Enter: quinoa muffins. 

I'm a big fan of any recipe that isn't precise in measurements, and allows me to gather what veggies & goodies I can gather up in my fridge.

If you must, here are some actual measurements and where I got the idea from: http://iowagirleats.com/2012/02/16/mini-ham-cheese-quinoa-cups/

I first cooked up some quinoa (approx 2 cups? maybe more?) with homemade chicken broth to give some extra yumminess and nutrients.

What I found and chopped/prepped: ham, cheddar cheese, carrots, onions, green onions, kale, spinach, cracked pepper, 3 eggs:

All the ingredients chopped up and ready to go!


Add the already cooked quinoa and mix with all chopped ingredients.



Grease a mini muffin pan and load em up! 
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.



Deliciousness! Enjoy!

So not only are these lil muffins delicious, they're super easy to store, freeze, pop in the microwave and snack on! Great, small size for my lil guy's fingers. It's my go to snack when we're out running errands. And I can pop them in husband's mouth after he gets home from work for a lil snack :)



2 comments:

  1. ohh yummy! these look soo delicious! i've only ever made quinoa salad with quinoa, but it's great to find more recipes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome, Sonja! This feels more fancy than I could handle but I might give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete